SIX APPROACHES TO ABSTRACTING THE FIGURE
Coming February 2018. Registration opens December 1, 2017
The format of this month long course is different than my color E-courses. It covers more information and is jam-packed with videos, slide shows, shots of painting progressions, history of "How We Got to Now" in the 'abstract figurative' world, and more. This E-course is made up of Six Classes which are delivered weekly over the month-long session. Students will receive two classes at the beginning of each week for the first three weeks and the fourth week will allow time for continued work, combining the Approaches, and for more comments in the Private Facebook Group.
- CLASS 1: Abstraction Within The Figure
- CLASS 2: Flattening
- CLASS 3: Patterns • Collage
- CLASS 4: Exaggeration • Distortion
- CLASS 5: Cropping
- CLASS 6: Fracture •Deconstruct •Discombobulate
During each month long session, I work directly with students in a Private Facebook Group, however, students have access to the course for One Year.
For more detailed information CLICK HERE. Also see FAQ's below.
OWN YOUR COLORS PART ONE
SOLD OUT! Look for the course again in late spring of 2018
E-course Dates: November 1– November 31, 2017
OWN YOUR COLORS PART ONE gets you started on the basic principles of color theory with fun stimulating Projects that you paint. No tedious color charts here! I want students to learn by doing and painting! The content of this class includes rich visuals and resources as well as a solid foundation to color theory.
As I demonstrate the color Projects, I also talk about my approaches to painting and various techniques that I use in my own work. I encourage everyone to focus on subject matter that interests them: Abstract, Still Life, Landscape Figurative, etc, are ALL welcome! All mediums are welcome too, however my focus is generally on Oil and Acrylic paint.
This month long E-course, made up of five classes, is delivered all at once on the first day. During each session, I work directly with students in a Private Facebook Group for the duration of the specified month. Students have access to the course for One Year.
For more detailed information CLICK HERE.
OWN YOUR COLORS PART TWO
This course is not currently scheduled. It will be offered again in 2018. For announcements be sure to join my mailing list (link above).
As I worked on this class, it became apparent that the over-arching "Theme" for OWN YOUR COLORS PART TWO is what I call "The Theory of Relativity" (yes me, and old Einstein!). Basically, all color is relative. I attempt to make the explanations as simple and straightforward as possible, but there is no getting around the fact that color can be just plain contradictory and therefore confusing at times. By the end of the class you should understand many of the reasons why this is true, and why you have been confused by color in the past.
As with the first session, we continue down the road of color theory by looking at inspiration from historical and current artists, and by creating fun and stimulating Projects to help us understand the vast world of color. More demos and more history will guide you on this adventure we call "Art."
You do not need to take PART One to take PART Two.
All subject matter and mediums are welcome, however my focus is on Oil and Acrylic paint.
This month long E-course, made up of five classes, is delivered all at once on the first day. During each session, I work directly with students in a Private Facebook Group for the duration of the month. Students have access to the course for One Year.
For more detailed information CLICK HERE. Also see FAQ's below.
Melinda's Affordable Online Courses that you can purchase at any time, and watch 'forever.'
For more information, CLICK HERE.
Do I have to complete the E-course within the dates given?
- I will be available to help you online in the Facebook Private Group for the duration of the month each course is offered, but you will have compete access to the course materials for ONE YEAR. Paint and play at your own pace and on your own schedule!
Why is there a time limit?
There are two important reasons why.
- I find that if the content access is open ended, students 'put off' their study. In other words, 'there is always an excuse not to paint or create.' HAVING A DEADLINE ACTUALLY HELPS ARTISTS TO FOCUS AND WORK SERIOUSLY.
- Because I include images of other artists within the course I must actively participate in the course. I cannot legally sell the course as a DVD type class.
- For my E-ssentials courses which have 'lifetime' access CLICK HERE.
How do your E-courses work?
- After you register you will receive a confirmation email. Then, about a week before the class begins, you will receive an email with:
- a Class Link
- a Class Password
- a Link to the Private Facebook Group
- As described in each individual class, you will have one of the following formats:
- The E-course will be delivered to you all at once on the first day.
- The E-course will be delivered to you over the course of the month.
- You have access to the course for One Year from the start date.
How do I ask you questions?
- You post your questions and upload photos of your work on the Private Facebook Group page. I check the page several times a day and will answer them promptly. Keep in mind, there may be a time zone difference. (I do need to sleep.) I'm on California Time.
Do I have to use Facebook?
- No, Facebook is not a requirement. However if you want feedback from me you will need to join the Facebook Private Group. In this group no other people will see your posts other than the students in this course and me. Your involvement in the group is completely up to you. Some people join the group and do not post, but just read and learn from others, while other students are more active.
How much painting experience do I need?
- You should have some experience using either Oil, Acrylic or water based paint. This class does not teach you how to use Oil or Acrylic paint.
What are the computer requirements?
- You will need high speed internet access to watch the videos in the class. You may access the class from your computer, tablet or smart-phone, although a larger screen is most likely more desirable. You will need to know how to upload photos to Facebook, but that is really easy! Promise!!
What are the Materials?
- A general materials list is HERE.
- Shoot me an email HERE